This graphic represents what patients want. It is from a survey conducted by the Australian Digital Health Agency, the body responsible for running the My Health Record System
The interesting thing is which of these needs does the My Health Record meet?
- The cost, quality & availability of services – No.
- Access personal health information on their smartphones. – Very little, most is on their GP’s system and using My Health Record on a smartphone is not easy or simple.
- Improved access to healthcare. – No
- Manage medication. – No, it’s only a record
- Track their health. – No, patients have to track their health and upload what they already know.
- Request refill prescriptions. – No
My Health Record has cost taxpayers over $2 billion and delivers very little of what patients want.