The 2003 Awards
The first Australian BBA awards were held in September 2003.
They were coordinated with the following events:
- the 25th International Privacy Commissioners’ conference
- the “Surveillance and Privacy 2003: Terrorist and Watchdogs” conference
- the formation of the Asia-Pacific Privacy Charter Council.
The winners were:
- Attorney General Darryl Williams (lifetime menace)
- the Internet Industry Association (greatest corporate invader)
- the TICA Default Tenancy Control (most invasive technology)
- Senator Chris Ellison (worst public official)
Australia was also a winner in the related 2003 international competition for the Most Egregiously Stupid Security Measure.